Donor :SWITCH-Asia Program
Location :Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia
To support entrepreneurs and organizations in Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia to improve competitiveness and profits through Sustainable Product Development as well as to reduce environmental impacts and enhance corporate social responsibility throughout products’ lifecycle.
To build capacity on SPIN for at least 500 entrepreneurs, to develop at least 1000 products with direct support of international experts on product design and marketing; and to train 100 local experts on products development for the region, with participation of 27 graduate students and 2 post graduate students.
- Coordinate and kick-off, launch and establish a center for Sustainable Products Innovation (SPI) in Vietnam and supporting staff in Laos, Cambodia; monitor, manage and evaluate activities of the project
- Develop SPIN toolkit with 3 versions, the lastest one is to help companies themselves implement SPI at place. This is a separate version so-called DIY toolkit. Researches will be conducted in attachment to marketing and policy.
- Organize 4 training of trainer workshops (100 participants), 3 doctors, 27 masters (Vietnam and Europe). Train selected companies on SPI.
- Implement 3 cycles of SPI: 100 – 150 – 250 companies. in Cycle 1 & 2, the companies will implement SPI with the trainers, in cycle 3, the companies will do it themselves with support from SPIN project.
- Disseminate acvitities of the project, train on marketing skills such as marketing at trade fair, products list. Orgnaize 3 products fairs on SPIN products. Policy recommendations on Sustainability to 30 governmental agents.
- Building network of SPI, organize national conference, produce videos, adverstising, reports
- SPIN toolkits for 5 industries (handicraft, furniture, food processing, textile), focusing on marketing and policy. SPIN toolkits are available in 3 versions with the lastest one is Do-It-Yourself (DIY).
- Build capacity on SPI for the region, in collaboration with AITCV to train 100 trainers on SPI, master and doctor exchange programme within the project. SPI implemented in 500 companies in Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia with sustainability-driven 2000 products.
- Small-medium sized companies know how to marketing their sustainable products in domestic and international markets; increase the domestic needs of sustainable products through mass media.
- Disseminate the activities and results of the project, train on marketing skills such as marketing at trade fair, products list. Orgnaize 3 products fairs on SPIN products. Policy recommendations on Sustainability to 30 governmental agents.
- Launch Hang Xanh – Green Street Space for sustainable products promotion at 45 Bat Xu, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi. These products are developed within the project.
1. Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands – Leading partner
2. Vietnam Cleaner Production Centre (VNCPC)
3. Asian Institute of Technology in Vietnam (AITCV)
4. Department of Technology, Industry and Economy, UN Environment
5. Laos National Chamber of Commerce and Industry